St. Christopher’s Inn
Franciscan Friars of the Atonement
St. Christopher’s Inn — Executive Director
Located in Garrison, NY
St. Christopher’s Inn, a ministry of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement for more than a century, is currently seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director will have overall strategic, operational and executive responsibility for the Inn’s staff and programs, as well as execution of its mission as a ministry of the Friars of the Atonement.
The Inn is a temporary homeless shelter dedicated to the rehabilitation of men in crisis and is an OASAS-licensed, CARF-accredited substance abuse program, which also provides a Day Rehabilitation Program and a Clinical Module Program. Primary Health Care Services are also provided in our Article 28 Clinic, which is licensed by the NYS Department of Health. The Inn is a faith based organization, accepting men of any race, creed, or way of life and emphasizing the dignity of person and concern for the poor.
St. Christopher’s Inn is proud to provide the very best of care to each client. In addition to providing food and shelter at no cost, the Inn offers an exceptional chemical dependency treatment program. The Inn remains firmly grounded in the mission, ministry and charism of the Friars of the Atonement.
This position will collaborate closely with funders and partner initiatives in New York and elsewhere. This position requires a high level of organization and team building skills, attention to compliance with Medicaid, New York State Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services rules, OASAS rules as well as Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), and the office of Temporary Disability Assistance and a desire to support and develop an engaged workforce. Knowledge of substance abuse disorder treatment, dual diagnosis and trauma best practices, as well as clinical diagnoses and interventions is required. An ability to manage client census through bed management and to generate and use data for quality improvement initiatives is also required. This position requires true executive experience in administrative and personnel management, budget preparation, long-term planning, Board development, programmatic excellence, senior management recruitment, and mission effectiveness with evidence of successes in each of these areas.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Combination of experience and education normally represented by a Master’s Degree in related field required.
- From ten to fifteen years in executive management including Board development, as well as fiscal, administrative and supervisory responsibilities required, with some experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Must have five years of executive management experience in health and human services agency or private sector and a working knowledge of client based served.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors.
- Action-oriented, mission-driven and self-directed.
- Knowledge and experience with Managed Care, OASAS, DOH, etc.
- Must have the ability to relate to a wide variety of persons, both professional and volunteers as well as organizations and systems, both public and private.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage a variety of concurrent and varying activities.
- Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have excellent leadership and organizational skills, strong detail-oriented skills with the ability to supervise and work as part of a team.
- Willingness to work a diverse schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
- Good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work with the Mission Effectiveness Officer.
St. Christopher’s Inn, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in the position please send your Resume and Salary requirements via
or fax to 845-424-2165.