October 20, 2016
Catholic School Region of Central Westchester
Regional Social Worker - Universal Pre-K (UPK)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Regional Superintendent and Director of Early Childhood (supervision, evaluation and administrative direction)
DUTIES & RESPOSIBILTIES
- Support principals, families and students with/on strategies for deescalating challenging emotional situations.
- Conduct observations of children in the classroom and provide recommendations to teachers/families as needed.Participate in periodic observations of children to inform parents of their child's progress and to plan appropriate supports.
- Along with educational team, provide on-going consultation and support for teachers in the development and implementation of an educational plan for children agree to as needing additional support in collaborations with teachers and/or families.Collaborate with school staff, parents and CPSE to ensure that services are being provided to children and families as required.
- Identify community resources/services to support the social and emotional needs of children and their families.
- Provide crisis intervention services for children and families as needed.
- Maintain communication with principals of assigned schools around goals, progress towards meeting goals and supports needed to further the work.
- Identify needs of assigned schools, develop goals and implement strategies with the schools, in support of student achievement.
- Support teachers in the classroom to implement practices that promote the social and emotional development of children.
- Develop and implement family engagement activities to support and build parent skills and knowledge.
- Work with school-based teams to create a welcoming environment for families and ensure that effective ongoing communications with families is fostered.
- Work with Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) for referrals.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Cafaro at (